Monday, September 12, 2011

MONDAY GRATEFUL

Happy Monday!
Again, it is that time of the week. It really does resemble an opening act.
An opening to possibilities of good, so-so, or bad; to each its time
Mondays and I have an interesting relationship. “To love or not to love” Shakespeare re-mixed.
As I’m sitting here with a pillow supporting my back, I am truly grateful. For you especially!

The counted thanks:
•A new week bringing news of loss here below but gain upstairs
•Well-worn black sweaters. Thick and stylish, just like that girlfriend of yours.
•A face marred with break-outs because it brought with it the realization that beauty is not a thing of the outside.
•Grass that used to be lush green rapidly turning uncompromising beige.
•The once-upon a time fiery hot sunny days being replaced
by darker skies and freezing breeze
•A cellphone that found its end in a flood in my purse. A seeming curse now more clearly seen as a blessing hidden in plain sight. Time-out from being mobile.
•Intentionally making the mind acute in preparation.
Preparing to be in the front lines.
•Covenants made lightly that now act as steady,
hard reminders to be full of integrity.
•The emptying to be filled. Again. And again.
•Permission to STOP FAKiNG IT. Yes, WE CAN. Drop the act. Just be.
•Exciting opportunities to step and grow into. Grow into that woman.
•Job descriptions posting “courage” as a requirement. Do I have what it takes?
•Breaking the valve of bitterness that only poisons and imprisons.
Life is too fragile to stay angry forever.
•Women of substance living BIG, rich lives by how they build their people up. The endless cooking, cleaning & rearing are really the hard labor of love. It’s a beautiful sight to witness.
•Getting back into gym-ing and nudging the memory of my muscles to remember exercise
•Nap time. Even though I don’t seriously now how to nap.
•Words & their power

That is all.

4 comments:

  1. The emptying to be filled again and again.
    Just be.

    Love these! Thanks for sharing your list : )

    Sweet Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, doesn't He do the filling so well! It is such a process of giving him permission to empty out; remembering that HE knows best.
    May he fill you up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where have you been Nancy? I just gave you an award on my blog. pls check my blog for the details

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nancy! I just discovered your blog and I love this post :) Thankful even when the situation doesn't look so good. You should check out my blog and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete